Date(s) - Fri 17 Nov 2017
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
This is your time. Escape from everyday life.
Take some time for creativity and self-exploration.
Bring images that you’ve been wanting to make into cards or dig through my ever growing stash of images.
Theme: Companion Suit
As one of the four suits described by the creator of SoulCollage®, Seena Frost, these cards within a SoulCollage® deck are:
“mirrors for the energies of your physical and subtle bodies, their flow, their blockages, and their changing ability to help and heal…or to hinder and hurt.”
Seena’s vision for this suit was of it being represented by the energies within each one of our seven chakras (the ancient yogic energy centers in the body).
We will discuss the chakra system and do the guided visualization that Seena created to identify one of these energies which often represent itself in animal form. Using animals helps connect us to our primitive, animal energy that this suit reflects.
We’ll also address other types of cards that could fit within the Companion Suit.
We will gather and do a brief review of all of the SoulCollage® Suits, discuss the Companion Suit and it’s relationship with the chakra system, and listen to the meditation that Seena developed for this suit. Then we’ll move into creative space for card-making (you are free to make whatever cards you are drawn to make regardless of whether they relate to today’s theme). We’ll finish by reading our cards.
You will get:
- 3 blank cards (additional cards are available to purchase)
- Time and space to make cards in a studio environment with all materials set up and easily accessible
- An opportunity to deepen into your experience of SoulCollage® through exploration of the theme
- Guidance in reading your cards
- A lovely 3 hours spent with like-minded women (and sometimes very special men)
Prerequisite: Prior experience with SoulCollage® (at least having made one card).
New to SoulCollage®?
- Find out more about SoulCollage here.
- Attend the preceding “mini-introduction” (noon – 1pm) to get the information that you need to be able to make cards in this Open Studio. Details and registration here.
Facilitated by: Cheryl Kempton
Location: Private home in St Paul (near Grand Ave); the address will be sent to registered participants a couple of days before the event.
Please note: We have a dog who may be around. Also, this event will be held in our basement. If the dog or accessibility is an issue, please get in touch and we’ll accommodate as best we can.
The Early Bird price has dropped!
$20 Early Bird; $30 after Friday, Nov 10
Advance registration is required. Registration closes the day before the event.
Bookings are closed for this event.